Town of Murphy Police Department Renovation Advertisement for Sealed Bids
The Town of Murphy is soliciting bids from licensed contractors to renovate our new police department. The building is located at 498 Hill Street in Murphy, NC 28906. A copy of the plans and specifications can be picked up at city hall located at 5 Wofford Street, Murphy, NC 28906 starting on Monday – September 11, 2023.
A walk through with interested bidders will be held on Monday, September 18 at 9 am at 498 Hill Street, Murphy, NC 28906. All bidders must submit sealed bids addressed to: Town Manager - Town of Murphy, 5 Wofford Street, Murphy NC, 28906 by 2 pm Monday, September 25, 2023. At said place and time, all Bids duly received will be publicly read aloud.
All sealed bids must include:
- Lump sum price for completion of work.
- Name, address, and contact person for the responsive firm.
- Proof of Insurance, coverage to apply for all employees for statutory limits in compliance with the applicable state and federal laws. The policy must include worker’s compensation policy with a limit of $100,000 for each accident, $100,000 bodily injury by disease for each employee, and $500,000 bodily injury by disease limit.
- Proof of insurance for comprehensive general liability, to include minimum limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence combined with single limit for bodily injury liability and property damage liability. This shall include premises and/or operations, independent contractors, products and/or completed operations, and a contractual liability endorsement.
- Contractor must complete the work within 120 days of execution of contract.
- Anticipated start date and projected number of days needed to complete the work.
- Contractor shall provide a one year warranty on completion of work.
- Valid contractor’s registration number.
The Town reserves the right to reject any and all Bids, to waive informalities, or to reject non-conforming, non-responsive bids. The Owner reserves the right to award a contract to the lowest, responsive, responsible bidder or bidders, taking into consideration quality, performance and time.
Contact Town Manager at 828-837-2510, ext. 4 for questions.